The Summer Seniors league is a recreational program for high school age players who are not playing in the high school American Legion program, or on a club team, but who nonetheless want to participate in organized play during the summer. Teams may be entered from outside of the South Jeffco Area. If you are interested in fielding a team outside the area, please contact the South Jeffco office at 303-979-9239.
The South Jeffco Seniors Program is open to any person 18 or younger on July 30 of this year. There is no minimum age; however, teams will be made up predominantly of 14 to 18-year-old players. If you have played on a South Jeffco Baseball team within the last two years, no birth certificate will be required. If not, a copy of your state birth certificate will be mandatory.
The fees for this program are $350. There are no scholarships available in the Seniors Program.
Home games will be played at the Peak baseball fields, just north of the Ridge Recreation Center or Dante Bichette Field, just north of Lilley Gulch Rec Center. Away games may be played at other area fields (Arvada, Golden, Lakewood, Littleton, Green Mountain, Wheat Ridge, etc.) pending the participation of teams from those areas.
The program is designed around teenagers who would like to play baseball but not devote their entire summer to playing baseball. We form teams of 13-15 players because it is sometimes difficult for youths of this age to make it to every game and have a summer job, vacations, or other responsibilities.
- The Seniors baseball season begins early in June.
- Practice fields will be provided to South Jeffco teams as requested.
- The Seniors baseball season typically consists of 14 to 18 games over a two month period.
- Seniors jerseys and hats will be issued to South Jeffco Teams before the first game.
- There are no tryouts.
- All Seniors teams will be formed shortly after Legion teams are formed at the local High Schools.
- Regular season play concludes late July/early August.
- End of season Championship will include tournament for all teams.
- Adult Volunteer Coaches are needed in order to field a team.
- Registration will open mid-May
FOR INQUIRES, PLEASE CONTACT THE SOUTH JEFFCO OFFICE 303-979-9239,
OR EMAIL THE SUMMER SENIORS DIRECTOR, CHAD BICKFORD, email@example.com.